Thursday 17 November 2011

In the jungle, the mighty jungle…











Here are the photos of the finished mural! A big thanks to Becca for letting me do this. She, Matt and Riley seem very pleased with it, as am I. Actually, it’s turned out a bit different than I had planned. I was initially going to keep the colour quite flat like a gouache style kids book, but once I accidentally started putting a little bit of lighting and shade into it, I sort of ran with it and I’m really pleased with the depth it created in the picture. My only concern was that it might be a bit derivative, (a certain monkey might be a bit Jungle Book, and a certain tree might look a bit like Up) but hey! He’s only two, I’m hoping he won’t notice!

2 comments:

  1. Amazing mural Kate! Has such a warm & cosy feel to it. Your sense of colour is great + I love the stripy tree. I'm hoping to get off the computer & back into doing some traditional painting sometime soon; what paints do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Max! I just used emulsions for the mural. Some from Dulux, some Johnstones and a couple that I use for scenic painting which have more pigment in them. Mostly they are from Mylands, and you can get them from Bristol paints or Rosco, but they are really expensive!

    ReplyDelete